Aamras is the pulp of the tropical fruit Mango. The pulp of a ripe fruit is extracted , At times ghee and milk are added to the pulp to enhance its flavour. Sugar is also added to adjust the sweetness.
A regional version of Amras is a popular dessert in Rajasthani cuisine ,Maharashtra (ambyacha ras), Gujarati homes, especially during festivities.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Serves: 3 to 4
- Mangoes: 2 big ( I used badami mangoes)
- Milk : 1 cup
- Cardomom seeds: few crushed
- Powdered sugar: 2 tbsp
- Ice cubes: few
- Mango gelly bar : for garnishing
- Peel skin of mangoes and cut it into small pieces.
- In a blender add cut mango pieces, sugar, milk and cardomom seeds and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour it into a bowl and refrigerate for somtime.
- While serving you can garnish with finely chopped mango bars or dry fruits.
- Serve chilled.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking tine : 25 mins
Serves : 4 to 5
- Spinach leaves: 1 bowl finely chopped
- Corn kernels: 1 cup
- Refined flour/maida: 1tbsp
- Cheese grated: 1tbsp
- Green chillies: crushed 2
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Onions: 1 large finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: for garnishing
To make corn balls:
- Coarsely grind corn kernels.
- In a bowl add ground corn ,crushed green chilli,salt,cheese and refined flour.
- Make small round balls .
- Deep fry till golden brown.
For spinach stir fry :
- Heat oil in a wok , add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add salt,turmeric powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add chopped spinach leaves and saute for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation time : 8 hours
Cooking time : 15 mins
- Mint chutney :2 tbsp
- Imli chutney: 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2tsp
- Salt:for taste
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala:1/2 tsp
- Green chillies: 1 finely chopped
- Oil: for deep frying
- Soak urad dal in water overnight or for 8 hours.
- Drain and grind it to a smooth and thick paste.
- Add green chillies,salt and baking soda into the batter and mix well so that the batter becomes fluffy.
- Heat oil in a pan, make medium sized dumplings of batter and deep fry till it becomes golden brown.
- After frying soak the vadas in water for 15 mins.
- Remove it from water and completely squeeze water from the vadas .
- While serving add yogurt at the base. Immerse vada into it and add more yogurt from top.
- Top it with mint chutney and imli chutney.Sprinkle chilli powder and chaat masala and serve.
This is a sweet made using sesame seeds and jaggery specially during the occassion of MakarSankaranti .
Serves: 30 ladoos
- Sesame seeds: 250 g
- Jaggery: 1 cup
- Cardamom seeds: few
- Ghee: 3 tbsp
- Roast sesame seeds until it turns golden brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same wok add 1/2 cup water and jaggery.. cook on high flame for almost 5 mins until it gets caramelized.
- To this add ghee and cardamom seeds.
- Add sesame seeds simultaneously and mix well.
- Now grease a plate with butter or ghee and start making balls while the mixture is warm.
- Let it cool before serving .
This is a recepie mainly made during fast.It can also be made for breakfast or snacks.
Cooking time:10 mins
- Sabudana/sago- big sized 1 cup
- Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Green chillies-2
- Curry leaves-few
- Oil -1tbsp
- Salt-for taste
- Soak sabudana in water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Roast peanuts in a pan and coarsely grind it after cooling.
- Mix this with sabudana.
- Heat oil in a wok,add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add sabudana and peanut mixture and saute well.
- Add salt and cook for 5 to 7 mins.Keep on stirring until its done.