Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Rice : 1 cup
- Dal : 3/4 cup
- onions: 1 finely chopped
- tomato: 1 finely chopped
- cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Asofetida:1/2 tsp
- green chilli : 1 finely chopped
- coriander leaves: few chopped
- dry round red chilli : 2
- turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- garlic : 5 to 6 cloves crushed
- salt: for taste
- vegetable oil
- In a pressure cooker , cook together rice, dal, garlic, salt, green chillies and turmeric powder.
- Cook until the rice and dal is cooked well, mash it with the spoon laddle and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds, dry red chilli , asoefetida and saute .
- Add onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Add salt and turmeric powder .
- Add the cooked rice and dal into the wok and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 to 8
- Onion: 3 big finely chopped
- Kolhapuri masala /chicken masala: 3tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder : 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Lime juice : 2 tsp
- Chicken: 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves : finely chopped 1 cup
To grind :
- Dry coconut pieces : 1 cup
- Garlic cloves : 8
- Ginger : 1 small piece
- Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds : 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds : 2 tsp
- Clean chicken pieces ,drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add half of the chopped onions and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Now add chicken pieces and mix well , saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add salt and 2 n half cups of water and pressure cook till 2 whistles.
- Dry roast cumin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Grind together dry coconut, garlic cloves , ginger, roasted cumin and ginger , coriander leaves and water into a smooth paste.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from flame add separate the chicken stock and keep aside.
- In another vessel heat little oil and saute remaining chopped onions until it turns translucent.
- Add the ground paste and little water and cook for 3 mins.
- Add kolhapuri masala or chicken masala and kashmiri chilli powder.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock and more water and let it boil.
- Add chicken pieces and salt and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice , bhakri or roti.
This is a typical maharashtrian dish. The rasa of this curry is made very spicy and it is had along with chapatis, roti or pav.
Preparation time :10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Serves : 4
- Onion : 2 vertically chopped
- Grated dry coconut /khopra : 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves : 6 to 7
- Ginger : 1 tsp chopped
- Dry red chilli : 3 to 4
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : for taste
- Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Tikhat sev : 1/2 packet
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a wok.
- Add onions and saute until it turns little brown.
- Add grated dry coconut ,dry red chilli, ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Remove it from flame , let it cool for sometime.
- Blend this into smooth paste by adding water.
- Heat oil in the same wok.
- Add cumin seeds , let it splutter.
- Add the ground paste and salt and cook till oil separates.
- Add all dry spice powders. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups water and coriander leaves and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Check for salt, if required add again.
- Squeeze little lime juice.
- Add sev before serving or it will become soft.