N.B: You can use any ripe bananas for making this cake.. I had used ripe kerala bananas.
- Ripe bananas: 3
- All purpose flour/maida:1 n 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar: 1cup
- Baking powder:2 tbsp
- Baking soda :1 tsp
- Salt :a pinch
- Vanilla essence: 1 tbsp
- Orange zest:1/2 tsp
- Butter/vegetable oil: 1 cup
- Beat eggs along with little salt using a whisker until froth appears.
- Add melted butter or vegetable oil to this and whisk again.
- Add powdered sugar partly n mix well.
- Sieve together maida,baking bowder ,baking sugar and add partly to the batter.Mix well.there should not be any lumps.
- Add vanilla esence and orange zest freshly grated and mix well.
- Mash the ripe bananas well and add it to the prepared batter.
- This cake is made in pressure cooker.. so we need to preheat the cooker first.. spread a layer of salt at the bottom of cooker, keep a small vessel or stand on top of which cake tin can be placed. Care should be taken to remove the weight from the whistle of cooker.
- Now close and preheat the cooker for 10 mins.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil.. place a butter paper at the bottom .
- Pour the prepared cake batter upto 3/4 of cake tin.
- Open the cooker and place the cake tin on top of the vessel inside.close and cook for almost 30 to 40 mins in medium flame.
- After 40 mins open the lid and pass a fork or tooth pick through the cake and remove it out . If nothing sticks to it the cake is done.
- Let it cool fr sometime.
I made this cake in pressure cooker,made it for the first time and it turned out to be sooo good.Chocolate lovers would love it.Do try making this.
- All purpose flour/maida:1 n 1/2cup
- Butter:melted 1 cup
- Baking powder:1tbsp
- Cocoa powder:1 tbsp
- Chocolate syrup:1tbsp
- Powdered sugar:3/4 cup
- Butter paper
- Gems :for decoration
- In a bowl beat 3 eggs using whisking machine or a hand whisker.Beat eggs until froth appears.
- Add butter to this and whisk again.
- Add powdered sugar and mix properly.
- Sieve together all purpose flour,cocoa powder and baking powder.Add this partly to the whisked batter.
- Add chocolate syrup and milk.
- Consistency of the batter should be like neither too thick nor very liquid.
- Take a pressure cooker,spread salt at the bottom,keep a small plate on top of which cake tin can be kept.
- Pre heat the cooker for 10 mins with lid closed but the wight on the whistle should be removed.
- Grease the cake tin,at the bottom place butter paper so that cake doesnt stick to the vessel.
- Pour the cake batter to cake tin and place it inside cooker.
- Cook for almost 30 mins.
- Open the lid after 30 mins,pass a toothpick and check if it goes through without any batter sticking to it.If it comes out clean the cake is cooked.If not you can cook it for some more time.
- Remove the cake ,separate it from the cake tin and remove the butter paper.
- Let it cool for 10 mins.
- To make frosting for cake you can mix together butter,powdered sugar,cocoa powder and milk or you can use any chocolate spread.
- Cut the cake into two halves,layer it with chocolate spread and decorate it with choco chips or gems.
- Cool it before serving.