Rava Dhokla is a gujarati cuisine. This is served as breakfast as well as snack. Very popular dish in India. Served with mint chutney or sweet chutney.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Rava / semolina: 1 large cup
- Curd: 1 small cup
- Salt: for taste
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Baking soda : 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds: 1 tsp
- Green chillies : 1 tsp finely chopped
- Coriander leaves : 1 tbsp
- In a bowl mix together rava, curd , water and little salt.
- Mix well and make it into smooth thick batter.
- Grease a tray with oil.
- Before pouring the batter into tray, mix baking soda and 1 tsp oil and beat the batter for a minute.
- Immediately pour the batter into the greased tray.
- You can use either pressure cooker without weight or idli/ rice maker for cooking dhokla.
- Pour 1 glass of water in vessel and place the tray inside the vessel with a support below the tray.
- Close and cook in high flame for 5 mins initially and on medium flame for another 10 mins.
- After 15 mins you can pass a knife or fork through the dhokla and see if ts cooked well.
- Remove from vessel and let it cool for 5 mins.
- In a pan, add all the ingredients under seasoning one by one and when it splutters pour the mixture over the cooked dhokla after cutting it into square shaped pieces.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or sweet chutney.