Aamras is the pulp of the tropical fruit Mango. The pulp of a ripe fruit is extracted , At times ghee and milk are added to the pulp to enhance its flavour. Sugar is also added to adjust the sweetness.
A regional version of Amras is a popular dessert in Rajasthani cuisine ,Maharashtra (ambyacha ras), Gujarati homes, especially during festivities.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Serves: 3 to 4
- Mangoes: 2 big ( I used badami mangoes)
- Milk : 1 cup
- Cardomom seeds: few crushed
- Powdered sugar: 2 tbsp
- Ice cubes: few
- Mango gelly bar : for garnishing
- Peel skin of mangoes and cut it into small pieces.
- In a blender add cut mango pieces, sugar, milk and cardomom seeds and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour it into a bowl and refrigerate for somtime.
- While serving you can garnish with finely chopped mango bars or dry fruits.
- Serve chilled.