This recepie is a blend of spicy,tangy and sweet . A perfect side dish for rice or parotta/ roti.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 to 35 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- Chicken: 1 kg
- Onions: 6 medium size verticaly chopped
- Tomatoes:2 chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1/2cup
- Ginger garlic paste:1 tbsp
- Green chillies:3
- Cashews:1/4 cup
- Chilli powder:3 tsp
- Turmeric powder:1/2tsp
- Pepper powder:2 tsp
- Coriander powder:2 tsp
- Chicken masala powder: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil
- Marinate chicken with all dry spice powders,salt,ginger garlic paste for 30 mins.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces until its 3/4th cooked.
- Heat oil in a wok,add coconut oil .
- Add onions and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Grind tomato and coriander leaves and make a smooth paste.. add this to onion.
- Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add 1/2 tsp of each spice powders.You can add according to ur taste too.
- Now add little water and mix well.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and combine well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take a small bowl of warm water and soak cashews for 2 mins and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the chicken pieces .
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of lime juice and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.