N.B: You can use any ripe bananas for making this cake.. I had used ripe kerala bananas.
- Ripe bananas: 3
- All purpose flour/maida:1 n 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar: 1cup
- Baking powder:2 tbsp
- Baking soda :1 tsp
- Salt :a pinch
- Vanilla essence: 1 tbsp
- Orange zest:1/2 tsp
- Butter/vegetable oil: 1 cup
- Beat eggs along with little salt using a whisker until froth appears.
- Add melted butter or vegetable oil to this and whisk again.
- Add powdered sugar partly n mix well.
- Sieve together maida,baking bowder ,baking sugar and add partly to the batter.Mix well.there should not be any lumps.
- Add vanilla esence and orange zest freshly grated and mix well.
- Mash the ripe bananas well and add it to the prepared batter.
- This cake is made in pressure cooker.. so we need to preheat the cooker first.. spread a layer of salt at the bottom of cooker, keep a small vessel or stand on top of which cake tin can be placed. Care should be taken to remove the weight from the whistle of cooker.
- Now close and preheat the cooker for 10 mins.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil.. place a butter paper at the bottom .
- Pour the prepared cake batter upto 3/4 of cake tin.
- Open the cooker and place the cake tin on top of the vessel inside.close and cook for almost 30 to 40 mins in medium flame.
- After 40 mins open the lid and pass a fork or tooth pick through the cake and remove it out . If nothing sticks to it the cake is done.
- Let it cool fr sometime.
I made this cake in pressure cooker,made it for the first time and it turned out to be sooo good.Chocolate lovers would love it.Do try making this.
- All purpose flour/maida:1 n 1/2cup
- Butter:melted 1 cup
- Baking powder:1tbsp
- Cocoa powder:1 tbsp
- Chocolate syrup:1tbsp
- Powdered sugar:3/4 cup
- Butter paper
- Gems :for decoration
- In a bowl beat 3 eggs using whisking machine or a hand whisker.Beat eggs until froth appears.
- Add butter to this and whisk again.
- Add powdered sugar and mix properly.
- Sieve together all purpose flour,cocoa powder and baking powder.Add this partly to the whisked batter.
- Add chocolate syrup and milk.
- Consistency of the batter should be like neither too thick nor very liquid.
- Take a pressure cooker,spread salt at the bottom,keep a small plate on top of which cake tin can be kept.
- Pre heat the cooker for 10 mins with lid closed but the wight on the whistle should be removed.
- Grease the cake tin,at the bottom place butter paper so that cake doesnt stick to the vessel.
- Pour the cake batter to cake tin and place it inside cooker.
- Cook for almost 30 mins.
- Open the lid after 30 mins,pass a toothpick and check if it goes through without any batter sticking to it.If it comes out clean the cake is cooked.If not you can cook it for some more time.
- Remove the cake ,separate it from the cake tin and remove the butter paper.
- Let it cool for 10 mins.
- To make frosting for cake you can mix together butter,powdered sugar,cocoa powder and milk or you can use any chocolate spread.
- Cut the cake into two halves,layer it with chocolate spread and decorate it with choco chips or gems.
- Cool it before serving.
This is a recepie mainly made during fast.It can also be made for breakfast or snacks.
Cooking time:10 mins
- Sabudana/sago- big sized 1 cup
- Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Green chillies-2
- Curry leaves-few
- Oil -1tbsp
- Salt-for taste
- Soak sabudana in water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Roast peanuts in a pan and coarsely grind it after cooling.
- Mix this with sabudana.
- Heat oil in a wok,add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add sabudana and peanut mixture and saute well.
- Add salt and cook for 5 to 7 mins.Keep on stirring until its done.
Cooking time: 50 to 60 mins
- Chicken:1 kg
- Basmati rice:2 cups
- Onion:5 finely sliced
- Tomatoes:2 chopped
- Coriander leaves:1 handful
- Cashews:10 to 12
- Chilli powder:2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder:1/2tbsp
- Pepper powder:2 tbsp
- Meat masala:1 tbsp
- Biriyani masala:1 tbsp
- Coriander powder:1tbsp
- Yellow food color:a pinch
- Milk:1 tsp
- Bay leaf :2
- Cinamon stick:1 small
- Salt:for taste
- Coconut oil
How to prepare:
- Soak rice in water for 15 to 20 mins.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a vessel.Add rice and mix well.
- Add cloves,cardamom,bay leaves,cinamon stick and water and let it boil.
- Once rice is 3/4th cooked drain and keep aside.
For chicken masala:
- Marinate chicken with yogurt,chilli powder,turmeric powder,pepper powder,coriander powder,meat masala,salt and keep aside for half an hour.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in coconut oil,drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok,add onions and saute until it turns golden brown.Add ginger garlic chilli paste and saute for 2 mins.
- Grind tomato and coriander leaves into smooth paste and add this to the onions and saute until tomato starts leaving oil.
- Add all spice powders and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and salt and little water.cover and cook for sometime.
- Soak cashews in little warm water and grind into smooth paste.Add this to the chicken gravy and mix well.
- Cook for 5 mins and keep aside.
- Now take a big vessel,grease it with ghee,put one layer of chicken gravy and add rice layer on top of it.keep on adding the layers until chicken gravy is over.Top layer should be of rice.
- In between layers you can add finely chopped coriander leaves and fried onions on top of rice layer.
- Garnish top most layer with coriander leaves,fried onions,fried cashews and food color mixed in 1 tsp of milk.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook for 5 mins.
- Let it rest for 10 mins and serve.