- Onions- 3 to 4
- Garlic pods-1 tbsp
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Coriander leaves-few
- Farsaan-for topping
- Mixed Pulses-1 1/2 cup
- salt-to taste
How to prepare:
- Boil pulses separately and keep it aside.Drain the water used for boiling and keep the stock for further cooking.
- In a pan heat oil add vertically slit onions and garlic pods and fry until onion becomes slight brown.Add grated coconut to it.Once it becomes slight brown, off the burner and keep it aside to cool.Grind this mixture to a smooth paste after it cools.
- In a wok add oil putt cumin seeds,mustard seeds and curry leaves.Let it splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir till the raw smell goes.
- Add kolhapuri masala or red chilli powder to the oil and add the ground paste and mix.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala and the stock kept aside.
- Add more water,the consistency of the gravy should be very thin.
- Let it boil for some time.Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- While serving first place pulses in d serving plate and add this gravy on top of it and add farsan before serving. Can be served with paav or bread slices.