Monthly Archives: October 2015
- Big round chillis- 10
- Besan/ gram flour- 1 cup
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 3/4
- Baking soda -1/2 tsp
- Asoefetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt- for taste
- Slit the chillies from center n remove the seeds and put it in water with lime juice added to it n keep it aside for 10 mins.
- In a bowl make a thick batter using besan, turmeric powder, baking soda, asafoetida, salt and water.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add 1 tsp of hot oil to the batter.
- Dip the chillies in batter and deep fry it.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any chutney.
- Beetroot grated- 2
- Carrot grated- 2
- Coconut grated-1 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Garlic pods- few
- Green chillies -2
- Salt- for taste
- Mustard seeds – few
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil
- Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
- Add grated beetroot and carrot. Saute for few mins. Meanwhile just blend grated coconut, garlic, green chillies and cumin seeds in mixer.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and the ground coconut mixture to it and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame for sometime by stirring continously.
- Large ripe yellow bananas-3
- Maida- 1 cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Oil- for frying
- Cut bananas into slices, neither too thick nor too thin.
- Make thick batter using maida, salt, sugar, water, turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put 1 tsp of hot oil in the batter and mix well.
- Dip the bananas in this batter and deep fry.
- Curd- 1 n 1/2 to 2 cups
- Cooked rice – 1 cup ( preferably left over rice )
- Curry leaves-few
- Mustard seeds-few
- Salt -for taste
- Dry red chilli- 1
- Oil- for tempering
- Heat oil in a pan.Add oil.
- Add few mustard seeds n dry red chilli , let it splutter.
- Add few curry leaves and add the curd.
- Heat for some time, do not boil.
- Add the rice into it and mix well.
- It can be served with any pickle.