- Squid- 1/4 kg
- Grated coconut-1/4 cup
- small onion/shallots-finely chopped
- ripe tomatoes-1
- fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
- crushed black peppercorns-1 tbsp
- curry leaves-few
- coriander leaves-1 tbsp
- crushed ginger,garlic-1 tbsp
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- black pepper powder-1 tbsp
- salt-as per taste
- lime juice-1 tsp
- coconut oil
- Clean and cut squid into small round pieces. add little turmeric powder and lime juice and keep it aside for 15 mins. Before adding it to the preparation drain and wash again.
- Heat oil in a vessel add fennel seeds,crushed black pepper corns , curry leaves and saute. Add ginger ,garlic and saute until the raw smell goes.Add coriander leaves and onions and saute for few mins.
- Add tomatoes and saute until it becomes mushy.
- Add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,cumin powder,black pepper powder,salt and little water.
- Add squid and grated coconut and mix well.
- Cook for 8 to 10 mins.
- Finally add little coconut oil on top of it.